Live so that those who know you but don't know him,
will want to know him because they know you!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Schools out Scream and shout!!

I can't believe it I have now finished two years of my college career!! It has gone by so fast! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was getting ready to graduate from high school and now I am a Junior in college. Weird! This school year has been a blast! I have experienced so many new and fun things!! For starters I got to share a room with one of my best friends in the whole wide world! Kailey Huff! This girl is amazing! I have never seen anyone in my life have so much faith! I've never seen her miss a a night of reading her scriptures. She has always been such a great example to me of how to live the gospel to the fullest and how to endure to the end. I'm grateful that she put up with me all school year.

Along with living with Kailey I also got to live with two of my other best friends from high school. All four of us were in madrigals together and we were really close. It was fun to live together and to get to know each other on a different level.
I'll never forget Marissa's crazy fun outfits! And not to mention the many times she hopped into bed with me. I'll also never forget how Marianne could quote any movie known to man! These girls are so amazing!

Along with living with these 3 great girls I also had two other roommates. Katelyn Hanny and Adrianne Elder Guymon. These two are amazing!! Katelyn is probably the most positive person I
will ever know! Any time that something would go wrong she always wanted to help some one else. I remember one time when my car had died (typical) she told me she wanted to drive me to work because she wanted to forget about herself. I thought that was such an amazing example of how when things get hard, like they always do, the best medicine is to forget about our selves. Adrianne is amazing!
I can't say enough nice things about her! I have missed our late night talks we would have with each other! I loved how when anyone ever got sad she would always say "where's your happy face!" It was my favorite!! Well I had to marry one roommate off. I think it's an unsaid rule that every year of school you have to marry at least one roommate off. I'm sad that we only got to live with her for one semester but I'm extremely grateful for that semester because she is amazing! After Adrianne was married we never got another roommate, leaving us with just the five of us.

Besides my fantastic roommates I also had one of the funnest jobs! Well
maybe the actual job wasn't that great but the people were fantastic!! I worked at the Aggie Connection where we would call alumni of Utah State to ask them for donations for the University. Besides all the calling we would do there was always a party going on at work and outside of work! One of my favorites was the murder mystery party were I played the role of Little Red Riding Hood. I loved working here because it gave me some of the best friends in the world! Steve for president!! :)

Some random things about this year was I got my first car! His name is Howard Clyde Bowman. We call him Clyde the Clunker! Pretty sure he died on me at least five times this year! I hated pushing him out of his parking spot just so we could jump him! But at least I know how to jump a car! I also tried my first piece of stake! Yum! I turned 20 making me no longer a
teenager! I went to a sock factory which made all my hopes and dreams come true! I also ran my second 5K for my friend Keltson who passed away a year and a half ago from a car accident. I cleaned the sink at Angies! I went to Bear Lake this year more times than I have been in my whole life! I donated my hair to Locks of Love for the third time!! I think it's safe to say that my Sophomore year at Utah State University was a great one!!
Now it's on to the next chapter of my life. Working at Oakcrest again!! I feel so blessed to be going back to work at this amazing camp as a counselor again. Over 150 people applied for a staff of about 50 and I am so grateful to have the experience again! This camp truly has changed my life. This years theme is Come Unto Me. I think this theme is amazing. As we have been challenged to read the Book of Mormon as a staff it amazes me how often our Savior invites each of his children to come unto him. "Whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me." I'm excited to invite all of my girls to come unto their Savior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment