One of my favorite movies is Tangled. I love everything about this movie! One thing that I love is that her hair has a magical power to heal when a certain song is sung. My cute niece Katie would ask me to brush her hair and sing the song. I thought it was super cute!
Well my hair doesn't have the power to heal but it does grow like a weed. You can ask any of my five sisters! But if you are going to ask I would ask Jeni because I'm pretty sure she is the most jealous, only because she says things about it all the time! Well because it grows so fast I have donated it 4 times! Crazy 4 times!
The first time I donated my hair was to locks of love at the end of my ninth grade year.
The second time I donated was the summer before my senior year of high school. The fun thing about donating this time was that I got to do it with my niece Jaden who had just been baptized. It was a neat experience to share together. We both donated to locks of love.

The third time I donated was at the beginning of my sophomore year of college and I donated again to locks of love.
Now my fourth! This week has been Utah State University's service week and part of that has been an event called Aggie Locks. I found out about the event a little while ago and I knew I wanted to participate!
This is the process of cutting my hair!!
Before and after pictures :)

My pony tail!
I can't believe that all of my hair is gone! But at the same time it was one of the best feelings! During the event they had two speakers come and talk about what it's like to go through cancer and to loose your hair. It made me excited that I could help someone else bring a little bit of normalcy back into their life. This time I donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. My friend Ang, who was over the event, donated her hair as well to Wigs for Kids. Both organizations help people who have lost their hair to cancer. These are pictures of us!

I'm grateful for my hair and I'm grateful that I can help others! It's crazy that in total I have donated 38 inches of hair! Kind of gross and weird but super cool! It takes 6 pony tails to make a wig, I've only got two more donations to go and I am there!



Super cute post! You inspire me Chels! Let's do it again next year! Also I am glad you didn't post the video of me almost crying. Thanks :)
ReplyDelete