Ever since I was a little kid, I didn't want to be me. I wanted to be Suzy Canton. And Suzy Canton didn't even like me. I walked like she walked. I talked like she talked. I signed up for the same classes in school that she did.... Which was when Suzy Canton changed. She began to hang around with Brenda Edwards. She walked like Brenda Edwards. She mixed me up! I began to walk and talk like Suzy Canton walking and talking like Brenda Edwards. And then it dawned on me that Brenda Edwards walked and talked Like Ann Golden and Ann Golden walked and talked like Jenny Saginson. So here I was walking and talking like Suzy Canton's imitation of Brenda Edwards version of Anne Golden trying to walk and talk like Jenny Saginson. And who do you think Jenny Saginson is always walking and talking like? Of all people- Dopey Kimmy Wllington- That little pest who walks and talks like me. -By Jules Feiffer
One of my Social Work professors showed this to me and I found it really funny! I think our society teaches us so much that we should be one thing, that we have a hard time being ourselves. I had to go to this leadership conference a few weeks ago and even though I wasn't very excited about it I learned a lot more than I thought I would. A speaker that came and talked to us said, "You make a horrible someone else, but you will always make a great you." As simple as that is I found it really profound. Each of us were created to be us and no one else! How cool is that! We are all unique! I have a lot of weird things about me and things that aren't perfect. But that is me and that's why I love being me!

This is such a great thought, Chelsea! We missed you on Sunday and hope that you are having fun at school. Love ya!
ReplyDelete