Live so that those who know you but don't know him,
will want to know him because they know you!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

One year older and Wiser too!

About two weeks ago I celebrated my 21st birthday. Being 21 isn't much different than being 20 but a friend told me that on your birthday you get smarter. So I guess that's different! I love birthdays! Having a birthday always makes me feel so loved! I woke up to my hallway decorated super cute! My awesome roommate Carolynn did it for me! She claims not to be crafty but I beg to differ!
I called it the hallway of love. This is us in the hallway of love!
I had to go to work that day for a training and at trianing Chamba gave me blue sunglasses that I have wanted for the longest time! I was so excited that she gave them to me and that she had remembered that I wanted them.
That night we had a rockin' dance party! Really it was! I've been to a lot of dance parties and this was definitely one of my favorites! At the dance party a friend brought root-bear in fancy bottles so that we could celebrate turning 21! This is Goose and I drinking the delicious root-bear.
Kailey and Marianne came to help me me celebrate too! Two of the greatest friends anyone could ask for!

Crazy Steph breaking glow-sticks and throwing it everywhere. It looked super cool!
Drinking root-bear in a celebration of being 21!
Dancing in the sprinklers with Goose! I may be 21 but I can still act like I'm 5!
My beautiful birthday cake made with love by Carolynn
Us eating my beautiful birthday cake
Carolynn graciously shoving my birthday cake into my face.
It was a great birthday! Thank you everyone who made it so fun! Thanks for all the phone calls, text messages, and facebook posts!!


In my 21 years of life I've done some pretty great things. Well they're not amazing compared to what others have done but I'm proud of what I've done. I've lived in two different states. I've sung with the Mormon Tabernacle choir. I've done baptisms in 10 different temples including the Nauvoo temple and every state I've visited I've seen the temple there. I've also been in the Hill Cumorah Pageant 3 different times with my family
I've seen Wicked on Broadway

I've worked at Oakcrest twice.
I graduated from high school in the top 10% of my class.

I've also biked the golden gate bridge with my amazing family

I know I haven't done much compared to most but I'm so grateful for the experiences that I have had. Before I die I of course want to marry in the temple and have a family of my own.

Before I die I think it's also pretty important, but definitely not as important as the temple, that I go to Disneyland. I've been to disney world but I've been told many times that I need to experience Disneyland.

Going to school is basically all I do. But since I've put in this much time already I will finish! I'll finish up my Bachelors in Social Work Spring of 2012!
Then I'll continue, hopefully, and get my Masters of Social Work at the greatest school known to man The University of Utah.

After I'm done there I would love to work in the area of adoption but mostly I wold absolutely love to work with teenagers who have been impacted by domestic violence. Hopefully while I'm doing that I'll change some lives but if not I know they will change mine!

I also have a weird desire to eat a do not eat packet. I know weird desire. Maybe I'll do that when I'm on my death bed so I don't end my life too early. But just think how cool would it be to say that you survived eating a do not eat packet! I think it sounds way cool!
I also really want to go to a temple in every country or at least on every continent. I've also always had a dream to go to Africa and do a humanitarian trip. Don't get me wrong I want to go to Europe too but I'll do Europe when I'm older. When I do go to Europe I want to go to Scotland. My middle name is Christina and I'm named after an amazing women who was disowned by her family there to join the church. She then came across the plains in the Willie handcart company with a very generous family who invited her to come with them. I would love to go see where she grew up and maybe one day meet and thank the missionaries that brought her into the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment