I am loving school this year! I graduate in May and I can't wait! In order to graduate everyone in my program has to do an internship. Right now I am doing my internship at the Child and Family Support Center. Their mission is to promote the family and protect the child. Could there be any better cause? It really is the perfect fit for me! There are 6 bachelor interns and 2 master interns and we all have so much fun together! Last week we had an intern party and my sister Tifani, who my family and I call Martha because she does everything, helped me make her famous jello! I'm really proud of it and I'm convinced that I am the next Martha. :)

It was really yummy! At the party we also tie-died backwards. We got colored shirts and then used Clorox on them. They turned out really cool! We decided to do this because it's fun and because the next day the Center was having a 1 mile, 5K, and 10K fundraiser. It was called the trick or treat trot. Everyone that came dressed up in costumes. We all dressed up as hippies!
This is the finished product of all of our shirts! Don't they look cool?
All of the Bachelor interns (minus Jackie) and our practicum advisor Jen at the trick or treat trot.
Katie, Allison, and I.
This is Brain, one of the interns, he by far looked like the best hippie!
Don't you worry a kid came dressed up as the Biebs! I'm confident that he is a pretty good look a like!
These are all of the interns (minus Jackie and the addition of Tami's cute son). I really do love them all and I'm so grateful to be spending the entire year with them!
These two dolls are Merideth and Jerome. This past week I taught my first kindergarten class the Good Touch Bad Touch program. Good Touch Bad Touch is an age appropriate program teaching kids about sexual abuse and how to stay safe. It's a three day program and on the last day these two dolls come and tell the kids a story. I wanted them to stay safe while they were with me so I buckled them up! :) In the curriculum you teach the kids 5 body safety rules. The second rule is the "uh-oh" feeling. You teach the kids that it's a feeling in their tummy that warns them when something bad is happening. On the second day when I was reviewing the rules with them one of the kids raised their hand and said, "Miss Chelsea the uh-oh feeling is like the spirit." How tender is that? I love little kids!
I can't say it enough, I love my internship! I have taught a step-family class. I'm teaching a social skills class to 5-6 year olds. I also get to help in the nursery where I just play with the kids. I also get to go on outreach which is a program where we go into the homes and help families with parenting skills. There are so many other things I get to help with too! Really I am getting so much experience and I love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment