Live so that those who know you but don't know him,
will want to know him because they know you!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Dance!

Life has a funny way of always working itself out.  People always say to not make plans for yourself because when you do Heavenly Father always laughs because he has different plans for you.  Well I can honestly say that while there may have been little bumps in my road of life pretty much everything has gone to plan.  I'm not saying that I didn't have rough patches and that I've never had to pray to figure things out.  But pretty much what I have wanted has been right in line with his plan for me.

Well this was true until I started school this year.  I graduate in May and being the planner that I am I needed to figure out what I was doing after I graduated.  I want a masters so it felt right and was the most logical choice.  I'd been done with my education in a year and wouldn't have to ever think about school again.  And with some deadlines due at the end of September I jumped right on the band wagon of getting applications turned in.  

Well grad school was the plan up until October 20th the day before applictions to be the director of Oakcrest were due.  Yes I know the day before talk about denying the spirit.  Well I applied very last minute and weird enough I actually got the job.  Well because grad school starts in June and Oakcrest is during the summer I couldn't exactly do both.  But with the way things worked out for me to apply and the experiences leading up to actually applying I know it's where I'm supposed to be.  But that's a story for another day.  Well I will still go to grad school I just have to wait a year to go.  I'm not giving up anything.  I'm just gaining more experience and growing in different ways.  So until then I needed to occupy my time.  I had many different options but only one was right.

Yesterday I received the greatest email in the world...


This is only part of the email but isn't it so happy!  I am going to Ukraine in the fall!!!  I couldn't be more excited to spend 4 months of my life in Ukraine!  I know it's where I'm supposed to be this fall.  Even if it wasn't my original plan I know it's right and I couldn't be more happy with my situation and how my life has worked out!


Beautiful Ukraine!

Big Mama, a must see!


Did I mention that there is a temple in Kiev?  This deserves a double happy dance!!  I love the temple!

And their flag has my two favorite colors in it!

The theme for Oakcrest this year is "Trust in Him"  There couldn't be a more perfect principle for me to learn especially at this time in my life and the different direction I have taken.  


"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. You are so cool! Congratulations that is amazing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete